Wednesday, February 22, 2012

sky high

I'M GOING TO DO MISSIONS IN KENYA.  djaksdfukjndwiiemcpoijf.  I don't believe its real.  I think I'll believe it when my plane lands in Nairobi.  Maybe when I see the precious children God will have given me to love on however I can for a summer.  I remember thinking about giving a college summer to missions in elementary school.  This has been long coming.  Honestly, I will have this experience, I will most definitely know that it happened, but I will always be amazed by it.  Like Honduras- "I just can't quite believe all that happened."  Three years later.  The point is, God takes us on amazing journeys.  Its all for His glory.  All of this is.  I know there will be people thinking that I should work all summer to make money for school, or that I should stay closer to home to do ministry or ___.  But this is the plan God has shown me for my life.  That's all that matters.  The money I have to raise?  In His hands.  This is my journey, my story. I know that I have a wealth of support though.  Just my friend's reactions at this news have already given me so much joy and peace.  You all have shown true selfless joy with and for me that is more encouraging than you know.  Especially you who understand exactly how much this means to me... you know who you are.  I am blessed to call you guys brothers and sisters.  We rejoice together.  This news, this love, this excitement, this peace at knowing my future, has brought me sky high out of my sophomore slump.  God has given me joy.  I just have to remember to give him the credit for this continually.  One of my current favorite bands, Needtobreathe, speaks some beautiful lyrics that express what I want to be throughout this experience in their song "Garden."

"Let the songs I sing bring joy to you,
let the words I say confess my love.
Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune,
Father let my heart be after you."

Though this song can definitely be applied to musical talents (and that's what it was probably written for).  But with my lack of those talents aside besides playing "Fur Elise" on the piano and a fervent desire to learn acoustic guitar, I see this chorus as applying to the songs, words, and choices that I make in my life.  It is a slow beautiful reminder of where my focus needs to be.  This is my prayer.  In all of this God, in school, relationships, for my time in and preparation for Kenya, Father let my heart be after you. Thank you for joy that is sky high.  Amen and amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment