Monday, August 27, 2012

New Beginnings

I'm officially back to Hope.  Groovin in the Grove is an annual Hope tradition, 2 hours of chapel band in the Pine Grove on the night before classes start.  2,000 classmates worshiping together.  Definitely on the top 5 best nights of the year.  The last three months have been ridiculous, even the last year.  I'm not going to say it's been an easy year, and I'm not going to whine either.  I've missed worship.  In Christ, this place is home.  In worshiping Him, we are at our best.  I sang the familiar melodies (and some new ones) surrounded by great friends, had some awesome reunions and got to praise my God.  In a summer and a year that has had some very high moments and a lot of low times of doubt and questioning, I'm reminded of the God who has me on this journey.  That His love never gives up, never runs out on me.  Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity, sweet Jesus Christ my clarity.  Bless the Lord oh my soul, worship His holy name, sing like never before oh my soul, I'll worship Your holy name.  This is my prayer for this one semester I have on campus this year, and then I'm off to China?  What?  There are great things in store for Hope's campus this year.  Oh yes, its good to be back.

(pirated from Sam)

No comments:

Post a Comment